Thursday, October 1, 2009

Veteran Aid

An interesting and useful website was sent to me by a daughter of a WWII veteran which will help with VA benefits for care - another child of a WWII veteran making a difference:

I wanted to share the following with the hope it will make a difference for someone you love.

I am also the daughter of a WWII veteran whose death lead me to discover a hidden VA Pension Benefit known as Improved Pension, which is a 3-tier Pension that includes, Basic, Housebound and Aid and Attendance.

This is a Pension and not disability compensation. It can represent up to $23,000 annually to help pay for care. I filed on behalf of my mom as his widow, and got the Pension awarded to her.

Four years ago at my mother's passing, I launched www.veteranaid.org dedicated to my parents and my journey as their daughter.

My hope is make a difference for someone else who now walks in my shoes as they face being the caregiver of older parents and in need of financial assistance to pay for that care.

No comments: